QSH is an affordable housing developer specialising in building affordable homes in the UK with little or no government subsidy. QSH offers a unique and flexible proposition to local authorities, housing associations, property developers and housebuilders across the UK.
In October 2015 QSH formed a joint venture with Octopus Investments, a fast-growing UK fund management company with leading positions in property, healthcare, energy and investments, to launch a new affordable housing business to deliver pioneering housing schemes across the UK. The business will initially trade as Octopus QSH and will form part of the Octopus group, which currently manages more than £5 billion of funds.
All members of our Executive Team have vast experience in Social Housing. We use our knowledge and skills to work with housing associations, local authorities, property developers and builders to bring stalled sites or existing plans forward as well as developing land owned by those organisations. We can offer:
• Social, affordable or market rent properties for long term rent , in some cases we can offer properties to rent in perpetuity.
• Social, affordable or market Rent to buy provides the opportunity for tenants to save up for a maximum of a 10% deposit by receiving back half of the rent they pay.
• We can also combine all of our tenure types to facilitate mixed tenure sites on larger schemes or regeneration projects.
• We work with local authorities, housing associations, property developers and housebuilders across the UK to deliver affordable housing. This can include bungalows, flats and family homes.
• We can purchase properties from developers and housebuilders as S.106 requirements or off-plan.
• We work with Local Authorities to explain our models and how they comply with the definition of affordable housing.
We have had 2 schemes running for nearly 3 years in Kirklees with only 1 void property in that time (15 properties). Over 300 people in Kirklees expressed an interest in Rent to Buy since the initial scheme was publicised and we are currently working with KNH and Kirklees Council to develop 4 more sites.
Our Scheme in Newton Mearns, Glasgow for 42, 2 bedroomed apartments at affordable rent to buy has already received enough interest to let almost all of the properties just from articles in local press.
Edlington Doncaster is currently underway for 106 affordable rent to buy homes including 20 bungalows. Over 50 households have already expressed an interest in the properties.
Membership of The Housing Forum will give us access to other members and a wider network. The network includes senior people from government, local authorities, utility companies, charities, and other specialist organisations. We are looking forward to attending The Housing Forums events.
No membership numbers entered
No status entered