CEO Forum Output: Partnering for Housing Delivery and Diversifying Supply10 July 2018
The subject matter and discussion for The Housing Forum's latest CEO Forum was partnership and diversifiying housing supply.
NHBC hosted the Forum and openend with a perspective on the current state of play in terms of new starts and registrations. Long term trends indicate continued growth with the second highest level of registrations in a decade, although there has been some decline in numbers of registrations in London.
There followed a discussion of the challenges faced by the local authorities using traditional models of regeneration within the current political landscape in London.
Examples were provided where the capacity was not yet developed, but also where due to the appetite of the local authority to deliver their own programme, capacity had been built and homes were being delivered, for example in Newham and Barking and Dagenham.
About CEO Forums: The Housing Forum holds monthly leadership forums to build influence at senior level across all organisations involved in the building and maintenance of homes. Over recent years, we have undertaken a series of high level examinations and reactions to measures to stimulate the housing supply and examine the industry’s approach.
- Graham Sibley, Market Development Manager, NHBC
- Shelagh Grant, Chief Executive, The Housing Forum
- Michael Cleaver, Director, The Housing Forum
- Alan Benson, Head of Housing Strategy and Commissioning, LB Haringey
- Ian Burnett, Chief Executive, United Living
- Caroline Compton-James, Director, Strategy and Communication, Construction, Osborne Ltd
- Bjorn Conway, Chief Executive Officer, ilke Homes
- Ben Denton, Executive Director, Development & Commercial, Sovereign
- John East, Interim Regeneration & Housing Director, Melton Borough Council
- Brian Horton, Director, Horton Strategic
- Camille Maison, Regeneration, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Paul Miller, Managing Partner, calfordseaden
- Tricia Patel, Partner, Pollard Thomas Edwards
- Shaun Sheldrake, Managing Director, J Murphy & Sons Ltd
- Isobel Stephen, Housing Supply Director, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Tom Titherington, Executive Director, Business Development, Catalyst Housing
- Jon Wardle, Chief Executive Officer, AMCM Group
- Stephen Wickes, Chief Executive Officer, Inland Homes