Innovation Forum Output: Heat Networks - the good, the bad and the data17 July 2018
How to make CHP and community heating schemes more effective for both landlords and customers was the subject of a free half-day seminar in London in June.
Hosted by The Housing Forum and community heating specialist Switch2 Energy, the seminar included expert industry speakers speakers from the consultants Martin Arnold Associates, and legal experts Trowers & Hamlins.
Delegates were provided with real-life examples from CHP and communal heating schemes and introduced to a more intelligent, informed and compliant approach to heat network design, development, implementation and operation.
Issues examined in the seminar:
- Monitor and manage the effectiveness of CHP and communal heating systems
- Plan and deliver an affordable energy strategy
- Solve common CHP problems, such as overheating in communal areas
- Achieve heat network compliance, including proposed heat network regulation, following new recommendations from The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA)
- Use data to understand the behaviours and energy usage of residents of district heating schemes
About The Housing Forum
The Housing Forum is the only cross-sector, industry-wide membership network that represents the entire housing supply chain on behalf of the housing industry.We have over 150 member organisations from both the public and private sectors, collaborating to inform, influence and network.
Our network collaborate to develop and improve the nation's housing stock, sharing knowledge, expertise and best practice through participation in bespoke networking events and workshops.