We're Hiring! | Deputy Chief Executive09 March 2020
We’re looking for a Deputy Chief Executive to join our team. This truly is a unique opportunity to help shape the future of UK Housing.
Central London | Circa £60,000 pa
The Housing Forum has a fantastic opportunity for a Deputy Chief Executive to join the business on a full-time permanent basis, helping to implement the business plan and forming part of a medium-term succession strategy.
The role will encompass increasing the reach and profile of The Housing Forum, engaging and influencing leaders at both local and central government level, widening the membership base in addition to also consolidating The Housing Forum’s position as the representative body for the housing supply chain.
The strategic responsibilities will include driving a programme of policy development, events and communications that influence Government and industry on key issues relating to quality, innovation and delivery of housing in the UK.
The Deputy Chief Executive will have a key role in establishing relationships with key stakeholder groups across the housing supply chain, raising the profile of the Housing Forum, attracting new organisations as members and increasing the value of the membership offer.
Operational responsibilities will include day to day operational responsibility for the work of The Housing Forum, producing content and output for the membership and the industry as a whole involving working closely with a small, integrated team and acting as deputy to the Chief Executive.
- Experience of business development in the housing sector or related field
- Ability to shape the strategic direction of an organisation
- Ability to influence and engage at a senior level
- Highly organised with the ability to achieve objectives to a demanding timescale
- Ability to inspire confidence and trust from stakeholders at senior level
- Strong presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- IT and social media skills
- Professional qualification in property, construction or related field
- Persuasive communicator
- Knowledge of the UK housing market
- Knowledge of housing policy
- Understanding of the housing development cycle
- Experience with a trade or professional organisation
- CRM, database and web site integration knowledge
- Effective in collaborative and partnership work
- Experience in working with sponsors and developing alternative revenue streams.
The Housing Forum is a membership network of organisations and businesses who collaborate to develop and improve the nation's housing stock. Our Vision is ‘A quality home for all’ and membership of The Housing Forum gives housing organisations the opportunity to shape the future. Our views and content are drawn from the wide experience and innovation of the membership.
The Housing Forum is the only cross-sector, industry-wide membership network that represents the entire housing supply chain on behalf of the housing industry.
We have over 150 organisations from both public and private sectors, collaborating to inform, influence and network. Our membership network has a major influence on housing supply and quality, representing over £15 billion turnover, 1.1 million managed homes and 70,000+ homes in the build pipeline.
For further information and to apply please: send CV to Duncan.Grant@HousingForum.org.uk
Closing date: April 3
The Housing Forum recruitment policies comply with the Equality Act 2010.